Saturday, September 09, 2006

We're Off to See the Wizard - Michael Franti/Spearhead - 911 Power to the Peaceful - SF Golden Gate Park

My 6 year old and I are off to the annual Power to the Peaceful Concert organized by grassroots activists and peace and justice loving folks from our neighborhoods. Props to Michael Franti, all the bands and organizers here for making it family friendly and doing their thing for peace and justice in our City and throughout the world.
SF Power to the Peaceful Sat Sept 9
Speedway Meadow - GG Park - SF

Last month I posted this on my myspace blog area -
I just heard spearhead's new song - I know I'm not alone - title cut from the new film/cd bundle - i hope they may have a hit on their
hands, lots of hooks, kind of U2-sounding with typical spearhead soulful/reggae backdrop.
the free power to the peaceful fest in golden gate park is coming up fast on Sept. 9th - PPTTP i think is really is the closest gathering we have to the 'be-ins' and summeroflove-ish free festivals we have had over the years here in Golden Gate Park.

No comments: